Saturday, January 3, 2009

Salon Stylin'

Ahh, the joy of going to the salon. Well at least for an adult, but when you are talking about Emma Lynne...that is a different story entirely. Evidently the thought of having her hair cut is so distressful the girl will be beat red screaming at the top of her lungs while sitting on my lap and my mom holding her face while the hairstylist cuts her hair. Needless to say we haven't been back since summer. After being two weeks home with the long haired beauty who cries and runs away when she sees the hairbrush and rubberbands, I decided Mommy had enough. After the girls went to bed last night I got online and googled kids haircuts and found a delightful salon-Kuts for Kids. I called this morning and it was a drop in and no appointment was needed. I went ahead and told them that I would be coming in and that my daughter had Down syndrome, so she would need a little extra time. No problem! Stated the young lady on the phone.

I called Nana and she came by. She decided to take Gracie with her and Emma and I were able to go ALONE to the salon. I told her we were going to get our hair cut because we were big, pretty girls. Much to my astonishment she said Okay!

We walked into a a very cute salon with scriptures written on the sky blue walls and very inviting toys. Emma went in said hello to the receptionist and began to play. A few minutes later it was her turn, she went right up to the hairstylist who was just as a nice as can be. She got into her "car" and drove herself to a FABULOUS haircut. She wouldn't let me take a picture of the back, but it is in a wedge. But what I loved most of all is that the hairstylist made her feel safe and there was no crying, no screaming and best of all...FRIES for all after the appointment!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment