Monday, June 22, 2009

Memoir Monday~Night Wanderer

Inspired by my 5 year old
*****

When my brother and I were younger we were convinced our parents were having wild parties without us after we went to bed. We would quietly do as we were told and go to bed at 8:30 PM. Then meet in the hallway and sneak down to the den where my parents were enjoying what I now know to be the only quiet time of their day. We would giggle and then just before they would yell at us to go back to bed we would run. Oh, the thrill of doing something "naughty."

Now the roles are reversed. I am the parent "having the party" while my 5 year old gets out of bed millions of times. Last night as I was once again tucking her in bed I whispered, "I promise Mommy isn't having any fun without you!!"

Just quiet time.

No comments:

Post a Comment